Recently Zika Virus has been the most discussed topic after more and more people in Singapore are affected.
What is Zika Virus?
It is transmitted by the bite of infected Aedes mosquitoes (which bite in the daytime), identical to dengue. Zika is generally a mild disease. Zika may cause a viral fever similar to dengue or chikungunya, with fever, skin rashes, body aches and headache. However, most people infected with the Zika virus infection do not develop symptoms. There is no vaccine or specific anti-viral drugs.
Apart from preventive measures like getting insect repellents, another thing which people have forgotten to do is to get themselves insured for Zika Virus.
Thanks to our service partner, we have Tenet Sompo and Lonpac which provides insurance that cover infectious diseases.
In comparison, Lonpac covers more infectious diseases than Tenet Sompo.
Here are the 21 infectious diseases that Lonpac insures:
- Zika Fever (Zika Virus Disease)
- Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS)
- Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease (HFMD)
- Avian Influenza or “Bird Flu” due to Influenza A viral strains H1N1, H5N1, H9N2, H7N7 or H7N9
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS)
- Dengue Fever / Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever
- Variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (Vcjd) or “Mad Cow Disease”
- Nipah Virus Encephalitis
- Japanese Viral Encephalitis
- Pulmonary Tuberculosis
- Chikungunya Fever
- Yellow Fever
For more information pertaining to the Zika Virus Insurance, feel free to contact me at 81029976.
Hope this blog post will be helpful.
Your Dreams. My Goal. ❤