In Singapore, most families have both parents working in order to cope with the high standard of living. Our maid also known as domestic helper or foreign domestic worker became our trusted assistant to take care of our kids and our house.
Today, I would like to share about what Maid Insurance covers in general, this can vary depending on the Insurer:
- Personal Accident
- Accidental Death
- Permanent Disablement
- Accidental Medical Expenses (Some covers TCM, Ambulance Services, Dengue Fever)
2. Hospital and Surgical Expenses
- Do take note of the hospital ward entitled as some insurer only covers B2/C ward, while some covers 100% (public hospital), 80% (private hospital) claimable within the annual limit. There are some which covers pre and post hospitalisation diagnostic services and treatments as well.
3. Outpatient Kidney Dialysis/ Cancer
4. Wages & Levy Reimbursement (up to 30 days or 60 days)
- In the event the maid is hospitalised due to accident, sickness or disease etc, this will help to pay the wages & levy up to certain number of days.
5. Liability to Third Party/Domestic Helper Liability
- Covers accidental bodily injury or accidental property damage of a third party as a result of the domestic helper’s negligence in the course of the employment
6. Alternative Domestic Help
- Reimburses the cost of hiring temporary help when your domestic helper is hospitalised due to accident or illness
7. Fidelity Guarantee
- Indemnifies employer against loss of money, household contents or valuables due to the act of fraud or dishonesty committed by the maid.
8. Domestic Helper’s Belonging
- Loss or damage of her belongings due to fire and related perils
9. Re-Hiring Expenses
- Reimburse agency fees in hiring a replacement domestic helper as a result of termination of services due to Death & Permanent Disablement due to accident or illness. The replacement have to be found within a number of days after termination for the claim.
10. Employer’s Liability to Insured Maid
- Covering your legal liability as an employer arising from injury or disease claims by your Maid at Common Law
11. Waiver of Indemnity/Reimbursement of Indemnity Paid to Insurer /Waiver of Counter Indemnity
- In the event that the Insurer is required to make payment under the Security Bond required by Ministry of Manpower, the Proposer will need only reimburse the Insurer the “Excess” amount, usually $250 or $500, instead of $5,000.
Kindly refer to your policy documents for any Terms and Conditions.
Hopefully this will be helpful for people who are intending to hire a maid. The maid insurance can be purchased through the maid agency or through a Financial adviser like myself.
Feel free to contact me at 81029976 if you have any queries.
Have a lovely week ahead!
Your Dreams. My Goal. ❤