Today, I would like to share about 5 things that you might or might not know about Personal Accident Plan. Different companies have different terms and conditions. Feel free to contact me at 81029976 so that I will be able to assist you on which of the following applies to your plan.
1) It is 24/7 year-round coverage, anywhere in the world.
Recently, one of my client sprained her leg in Taiwan. She went to see TCM and she was able to get a successful claim.
2) It covers TCM treatments (usually up to a certain amount per accident)
3) It covers Chiropractor treatments (usually up to a certain amount per accident)
- This depends on the terms and conditions of the policy. There are some plans which cover chiropractor treatments, while some do not cover. So do take note of this.
4) Personal accident plan complements hospitalization plan. It is not a substitute as both cover different types of scenarios. Hospitalisation plan covers hospital bills in the event, the person is warded. However, not all accidents will lead to an admission.
The following is a tax invoice of a claim which I did recently (makes up the $146.80 as shown above). My client had a back injury and he was in so much pain. Decided to bring him to Tan Tock Seng A&E and the doctor gave him a jab and send him home. The entire bill was successfully claimed through the Personal Accident plan. If he only has a hospitalisation plan, he will not be able to file for claim.
5) Another misconception is that for Personal Accident plan, the person must die to get a claim. Medical reimbursement is a benefit that many are not aware of. It allows policyholder to claim for outpatient treatments for injury due to accidents. This covers GP, MRI, Xray and Physiotherapy sessions as well. Do note that this is on reimbursement basis, which means that the policyholder must make payment first.
Do consult your financial advisers before you head to any hospital or clinic for treatment as some supporting documents will be required in order to process the claim.
Hope this post will be helpful! If you have not gotten any personal accident plan or if you are unsure if you have it or not, do feel free to contact me at 81029976.
Have a lovely week! ♥
Your Dreams. My Goal.